Thursday, January 4, 2007

Dark Morning - literally

I had to get up a little earlier today. Tuesday of this week I went back to work, but since I had vacationed in CA, my mental clock was still on PST. That means I was sleeping in and getting to work about 9.

Today, the kids went back to school and in order to get them up and ready I got up closer to 6. While I admit that isn't very early, it was early to me today. To add to the early morning, we were out of milk so I drove out to the store and picked up a few gallons. It wasn't until I was on my way home that it struck me...IT IS STILL DARK! Once again, I realize this is no surprise to most, but it caught me of guard. I couldn't stand that it was still dark after I had already been up for over an hour. How dare it be dark, was all I could think. Looking back now that seems silly, but I really enjoy the sun and summertime.

Fortunately, our shortest day is behind us and we're marching towards longer and longer days (Yipee!). I guess I'll have to get over dark mornings though for at least a few months.

No comments: