Saturday, January 27, 2007

OK OK -- Maybe I am a bit b---, but...

Apparently I am doing quite a bit. I have a full life. Whatever you want to call it, but I won't say the word. I have been pretty good about answering emails and voice mails and requests for my attention. I haven't given this response begrudgingly. Instead I've enjoyed the fact that the article I read is making me think twice before saying I don't have time.

Does that mean I'm suddenly ahead of schedule on all my tasks? That I'm sitting around looking for the next thing to do? Not exactly. I guess it just means that I'm putting people in front of tasks. I just realize that sometimes a response is just long enough to show respect, but out of necessity kept short. People really do understand when there are other things going on.

I think living this way boils down to providing honest answers to everyone you interact with. It means you try hard not to brush people off with cliches. I say try hard because after a life time of polite excuses it isn't easy to just give up on it.

Let me know what you've done to prevent the activities in your life from interfering with life.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I admire your determination to make a change. Wish I was that motivated.

Dad said...

Many times I hope to do things that I don't follow through with. I still have yet to find something to be passionate about (see earlier post - Karnazes). I do try for awhile though. Maybe I'll get better.